Thursday, July 9, 2009

Light * Hearted

My baby girl is a sweetheart. She's not really a baby any more. Except that she is the baby of the family. So for now, still my baby.

Her language development has hit the place where the words me and you are confused and interchanged. It is not uncommon to have her come up to me with hands raised and say "Carry you! Carry you!"

The other day she was practicing naming body parts. Pointing to the different parts of my head she said "My eyes. My nose. My ears." Then suddenly with a twinkle in her eye and a rush of affection she simply pointed at me and said excitedly "My mama!"

It was very sweet.

4 comments:

  1. It's great to hear from you again! I hope your unpacking phase goes peacefully and at your own pace.

    My favorite phrase my son used to say was "Up you!" when he wanted me to pick him up. Always struck me as a little bit naughty sounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey Johnson7/09/2009 11:45 AM

    That is so darling. I love hearing my kids call me "mama." Lately little F has been calling me "Lindsey" and it makes me just as happy to hear his pronunciation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! My daughter started saying "huggie" out of nowhere. It's really cute when she comes running with outstretched arms, saying, "Mommy huggie."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of ourlittle ones have had a similar phrase. Ours was most often "Hold you" we tend to encourage carrying on there sweet phrases as long as possible. "Hold you" is the word that means I need a little comfort in our family.

    Lauren my second oldest loved shoes when she was a toddler. To this day whenever something brings a special kind of joy to wear it is "These shoes wear me!"

    ReplyDelete