Monday, August 3, 2009

August, Die She Must

That's the Simon and Garfunkle line that came to me this morning. Oddly, I blogged about that particular song last August as well. Simon and Garfunkle: They are securely ingrained in my psyche.

Though this year it's not the blazing heat, just the dying part of August that I am talking about.

Yesterday my daughter was the "Reverence Child" in church. The Reverence Child gets there early and stands next to the podium folding their arms and generally showing all those who enter the church how to be reverent. Because my reverence child is going through some separation anxiety we sat in the front smashed in to a bench that our family just barely fit on.

And then the meeting started and my children, including the Reverence Child, were extremely Un-Reverent as we sat at the front, where everyone could enjoy the sights and sounds of my family at church. And I was mortified. Which is why must-dying sounds like a not-so-bad idea at the moment.

Also, the current of things-to-do is slowly overtaking me and so if you don't hear back from me, just realize that I drowned in the many possibilities that life has to offer because I didn't have the energy to cling to any specific thing. I just went down grasping at straws. Farewell.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Oh, I jest. I jest.


* * * * * * * * * * *

Maybe.


* * * * * * * * * * *

Okay, I really have to go clean my house, now. Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh - you just gave me a great and robust laugh. I have just the reverse problem - how to keep the Reverence Child's two uncles and one aunt awake during church.

    ReplyDelete