Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lenten, maybe

It's not that I don't have things to write about; I do. It's that I don't think about writing about them.

Instead I have been thinking about finding a really good key lime pie recipe and wondering about names for boys. Which will be harder do you think?

I think it will be the boy name, hands down. The pie I can always do over. And over. And over. And eat a lot of pie (Mmmm). And gain some weight (but I'm doing that anyway).

But naming a baby? That one is going to stick.

In any case, I may be sparse here in the blog area for awhile. Not that I haven't already said that awhile back.

And not that I am not pretty sparse already. Things are sparse here in blog land.


I don't really celebrate Lent. I love the idea though, and I am going to put away unnecessary computer stuff for awhile. I still have to pay my bills and occasionally check my email because that is how business gets done. And I may blog as regularly as I have been because it's not so much blogging that is the issue as other stuff. (Like reading your darn good blogs. And the NY Times online.)

Of course, a million things may suddenly force me to write about them as soon as I publish this post. But lately I feel too connected to my computer and I have this intense desire to turn it off, even as I want to check my email again. So not so much about the blog as everything else.

In the meantime I am going to make some really good key lime pie, consider a good name for this baby (boys are harder to name than girls, I think), and comfort my daughter whose life has become a WWF wrestling match with her brother. (Not that she doesn't dish some of it out herself.)

And now, off to the dishes.


2 comments:

  1. Wait, did I miss the announcement of another baby somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy! Yeah. See the Bowl of Warm Air post. Woot! Another boy!

    ReplyDelete