Tuesday, May 1, 2007

wish I may

This past week I read Irving Stone's The Agony and the Ecstasy, a biographical novel about Michelangelo. When I finished the book I felt like someone who had been swimming laps long enough that being out of the water and not moving my arms anymore felt odd. I wanted to jump back into the pool and keep on reading. Today I will pull out my art books and marvel some more at Michelangelo's genius.

I've been fortunate to see many of Michelangelo's works in person, and as promised (see #32, 33, 34) tomorrow I will post something I wrote about one of my absolute favorites. Although using the word "favorite" about a Michelangelo creation seems a bit trite and incomplete. But I have already discovered that I lack the vocabulary to adequately describe his work and my feelings about it.

Italy is calling my name. It's time to get my passport renewed.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully the passport will lead to an actual excursion. How wonderful would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect summer holiday - go to Florence to enjoy Michelangelo's life sized sulptures - especially the one of David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen. Love that book. Have your read Stone's book about Van Gogh? Do, if you haven't.

    ReplyDelete