In the spirit of something I've read out there in the blogosphere about reaching your 100th post, and with the narcissism blogging affords us, I give you this: my 101st post (since yesterday was my 100th) with 101 things about me (everything you've always wanted to know...)
1. I prefer odd numbers to even.
2. Which is why I am doing this on my 101st post.
3. I like baths with or w/out bubbles.
4. I am the oldest of 11 kids.
5. That's 6 sisters,
6. and 4 brothers.
7. I am a BYU football fan, even when we don't do well.
8. I am an eternal optimist of goodness and morality
9. Which may explain why I'm disappointed when "Hollywood" couples break up.
10. I guess I am an idealist, but I'm a practical idealist.
11. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
12. W.S. Merwin is my favorite poet.
13. Occassionally I make the attempt to write poems myself.
14. The health care situtation in our country angers me.
15. I'd like to help start a non-profit org someday.
16. I have a gift of perspective.
17. But when I want to feel frustrated about something, it doesn't always seem like a nice gift.
18. On Thanksgiving I try to make a list of all my blessings.
19. Some of those things include good pens & paper.
20. I didn't get around to it this year.
21. I'm a sucker for nice blank notebooks.
22. I have a blank moleskine sitting in my drawer.
23. I don't know what to write in it.
24. Fall is my favorite season.
25. I love Mozart's Symphony No. 40 in G Minor.
26. I own 6 seasons of The West Wing.
27. And I'm embarrassed by it.
28. Jane Austen is a favorite author.
29. Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury is a must read.
30. For awhile I majored in Modern Dance at BYU
31. My favorite ballet is Swan Lake.
32. Two works of art that have literally overwhelmed me when I saw them are:
33. St. Peter's Basilica and Michelangelo's Moses.
34. Some day I will blog about Moses.
35. In my small travels I have learned that Paris is old
36. but Rome is ancient.
37. I'd like to be an ex-pat for awhile.
38. I like Irish accents.
39. When Ben & I were first married we'd talk in accents
40. or sing like we were living in a small operetta.
41. Is that odd?
42. I love words.
43. And forming complicated sentences. (Yes, sigh. I also like to diagram sentences.)
44. I'd like to get a Masters Degree someday
45. in writing,
46. or art,
47. or more generally, Humanities.
48. I think Ophelia had too many obnoxious men in her life.
49. I am always making plans to get back to Paris and Rome.
50. Someday it will happen.
51. I'm a White, for you color-code personality types.
52. I have one yellow trait and it's negative.
53. Most of my in-laws have tons of yellow, but we still like eachother.
54. According to the IQ test on tickle.com I am a "Visionary Philosopher."
55. So is Ben.
56. It took him about 1/4 of the time for him to complete the test.
57. I'm two years older than Ben.
58. I don't watch T.V.
59. Ben once refered to our movie collection as "puritan."
60. And it is.
61. Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings" rips my heart out.
62. I love the trees in New York.
63. But sometimes they make me feel claustrophobic.
64. I am not a naturally good mother
65. but my kids are teaching me.
66. I took up painting a few years ago,
67. but these days I don't get to it very often.
68. I changed a dresser into a a desk (you know, saw, sander, paint, etc.)
69. Chris Botti's Christmas album December is superb.
70. I played the flute for 3 years in Jr. High.
71. I can still remember the B flat scale.
72. Boy am I glad not to be in Jr. High anymore.
73. I don't really like "traditional birthday cake"
74. unless it's white cake w/ chocolate frosting.
75. I don't really like to cook,
76. although I'm not horrible at it.
77. I have issues with Disney movies.
78. My prefered dressing is ranch,
79. unless there's a caesar salad around.
80. I boycott certain brands, stores, and products
81. on matters of principle.
82. Desserts with caramel and hot fudge are the best.
83. I like to organize,
84. though I'm not terribly brilliant at it.
85. I'm a good editor.
86. I like to play the piano,
87. but am a horrid accompanyist.
88. Politics interest me,
89. but I would never run for office.
90. I can listen to the same song over and over
91. if it's a good song.
92. And So It Goes by Billy Joel is one of those songs.
93. I can be lazy
94. and unmotivated.
95. And I often am.
96. I like cats.
97. I realize more and more that I am not too fond of dogs.
98. I have Merriam-Webster bookmarked
99. so that I can quickly double check my spelling on words like "realize."
100. I really am unbelievably blessed.
101. And I thank you for reading my silly blog.