Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a birthday

This is my mom. (I stole this picture off my sister's blog- it's from when they went hiking together, I think.) It's her birthday. She's amazing. She's one of my heros. She has eleven kids. (Several others claim her as an adopted mom.) She really is a woman of many, many talents. Ask me what she doesn't do well and I'd have to think. Maybe she has a hard time standing still. She likes to go, go, go. But if standing still is what's needed, she'll do it. I have to say, I have inherited some good genes from her. Thanks, Mom. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Allysha. As I told Lorien, really I just have awesome kids and they make me look good! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this isn't about your mom . . . but . . . The link to "fit for the kingdom" was a great find. Thanks for including it. I hadn't seen this before. Their "manifesto" is so in line with my own thinking and desire for my writing. It is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is awesome. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete