Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Come She Will



I turned the page on my calendar from March to April last night before I went to bed. April finds me in fast-forward mode; a state of mind that often manifests itself when I am expecting and am anxious to get through the rest of a pregnancy. I mark time by the appointments with my midwives (it's a clinic, hence the plural). My next visit is in four weeks. Then come the two week appointments, then the weekly appointments which I hope, frankly, last only two weeks themselves. I know it's dangerous, but I am already banking on an early arrival for this baby.

In the meantime, my tulips will open and my crocuses, bursts of small cheery brightness, will wither under a brighter sun. My rolling lawn (rather uncomfortable to sit on) will green up and I will dream about ripping it out one day and laying down sod, nice and even.

Today there is a covering of spring snow on the lawn. It is icy and white and will probably melt by this afternoon. I shall drink a lot of water, hope to get the dishes done and the bed made, and look forward to Spring.

image from here

3 comments:

  1. That picture is so inexplicably emotive. Maybe it was the combination with the title of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading your post and thinking about the pic of the tulips, thinking, "I'm going to comment on that pic; it is so lovely." Then I find that ro ro riot beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was intrigued by the title of your blog. A line from an old Simon & Garfunkle song. I woke up yesterday with that line in my head. Strange how the mind works sometimes.

    ReplyDelete