Friday, May 28, 2010

In the beginning...

Today is the first day of summer, i.e. the kids are out of school for the first full day of many to come and there's nothing I can do about it.

Their plans for the summer include a constant parade of swimming type activities, popsicles, snow cones, bike rides, hot dogs and no responsibility at all. I hate to break it to them, but there will be some responsibility and only a very, very few hot dogs, because hot dogs are bad for you. Bike rides will be encouraged, so things are good there.

Yelling and screaming and shrieking (of the joyous sort, you understand) will be confined to the basement. Other varieties are banned herewith, unless the mother of the crew is in for a nervous breakdown and needs a good cry (hint: I DON'T NEED EITHER).

It's sunny today, and that's a good sign.

And now I'm off to find a missing blanket. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the "hate to break it to them, but there will be some responsibility." I've recently had to do the exact same thing with my college, summer brood-- I'm not sure how much impact the announcement has been having, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syb, you may have a more difficult task ahead of you than I do...those college kids! :)

    ReplyDelete