Thursday, September 25, 2008

blue fire and golden sunbursts

Ella: What do you people want from me?


I get a huge kick out of this photo.

Maybe because I watched as it was taken, watched my girl totally pull that attitude out of her pocket with no prompting except for the camera in front of her face.

All of my kids have a kind of light about them and each one is different and indicative of their personalities. This little girl's light is an intense blue fire glowing fiercely and tightly inside of her. She is intense; life is intense; and there are days where she goes through with furrowed brow, and that nuclear blue fire.

But every once in a while this blue flame will blossom out, letting it's energy radiate and utterly surround her in a golden sphere as she laughs, runs, and lets everything go for just a minute. And I love it when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, that is a fabulous picture--completely full of personality.

    ReplyDelete