Tuesday, September 23, 2008

holes

This is what I'm reading right now. I've read it before. Many times. I don't know how many times I've actually read it, I just know it's a lot. That's something I do; I read the same book over and over again.

I like Holes because it's a good story with a lot of fun twists. Sometimes I feel like I can relate to the mundane activity of digging pit after endless pit while at the same time being in a totally new environment. That's what parenthood is all about.

Oh, I kid.

I mean, I have kids. So that's not entirely what being a parent is all about. It just feels like it some days.

But it's Fall. And this morning I turned on the heat just for a minute to get things warmed up for the first time in a long time. It's chilly enough in the mornings to enjoy the cup of cocoa. And to curl up with a good book, when you have a minute.

Even a book you've read before.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like, on occation, that I'm just digging and digging and can't seem to ever find the top, of what ever mountain i'm trying to get out from under ie) dishes, laundry, spots on carpets, dirty whatever it's all in there. Lest I sound too negative I love my job as a homemaker or domestic engineer as i like to call my "title". I love the sticky kisses, the whispered I love yous that leave prints of p-nut butter on my face and clothes. And especially the big grins when they see you come around the corner. It definately is worth it, but definately is HARD. And full of lots of digging. It's the little treasures I find in all the "holes" i guess that keep me going. But here's to admitting I'm not superm-mom, but I am MOM.

    ReplyDelete