Friday, March 20, 2009

I Think Spring is Pretty Darn OK

The Sun is crossing the Equator. This means that today is the first day of Spring, also known as the Vernal Equinox. I've never been a big fan of the word vernal. It doesn't sound very pretty to me. I am all about pretty words. Words like perpendicular. And a lot of other words that I can't remember because my daughter is storming around the house hitting things with a brush because I am on the computer and she is not. Actually, I just like the word perpendicular. I don't know that it's a pretty word, so much as fun to say. And so I begin to understand the wisdom of having a wireless computer connection: it eliminates the competition for the computer. {Also, could somebody tell me, why the blogger spell check does not like contractions? I can't figure it out.}

Oh. Hey. I think arabesque is a pretty word. There you go. French will save you, every time.

1 comment:

  1. French will do it every time. Even derriere is quite pretty in Francias.

    ReplyDelete