Monday, March 16, 2009

The Sun is A Mass of Incandescent Gas

As of this moment:
The Dow is up.

The temperature is up.

Therefore my children are outside running around in the backyard.

{They get very excited when the Dow goes up, those little financiers.}

{No. They have no idea what the Dow is, and that's a good thing. They are outside running around because things are a balmy 42 degrees right now. Almost summer!}

I need to shower soon so I can do what I need to do for the day.

The Pioneer Woman's post (see A Time to Heal) about her new border collie made me tear up.

I don't really even like dogs all that much.

As I head into the years I find that I truly prefer cats to dogs, probably 100 to 1.

But I wouldn't let either of them into my house.

A good cry now and then is a good thing, so I need to watch some sad movies.

I'm all for cathartic release through vicarious emotion. It's easier sometimes.

I am a little tired, also. Which is probably why I was all teary-eyed about some dog I don't even know.

But that is par for the current course right now, and it's time to get my game on.

Whatever that means.

3 comments:

  1. We love They Might Be Giants, too. Great chain of thought! Enjoy the beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post...I like them all, but I liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dow was up and I missed it? Must've been the day I was hiding under the covers from my children.

    And I watch sad movies while folding laundry while my husband is at work because he doesn't understand why sometimes I just need to cry. (you'd think a man who grew up with 4 sisters would get it.)

    ReplyDelete