Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to the First Day of the Rest of...you know

I am sitting in my bed on the new sheets my MIL gave us for Christmas. I really like these sheets. The only problem with them is that they interact badly with my new chenille sweater from Target (I love Target). I have little gray threads everywhere on the sheets. My sweater sheds. But I'll get a lint roller out later this morning and take care of it, so there's that.

Today the girls are back at school and I kind of think of this day as the real first day of the new year; the day when life isn't a holiday any more and you have to get back into the swing of things and you want people around you to say "my! what swing!" or something.

I had hopes of getting up and cleaning the bathroom, but the baby is sick and he spent the night with me in bed which means I slept only sort of and my back muscles are sore. Which means that this new year's thing about getting up and going and going and going, is happening in a more slow manner than I wanted. At the same time I think to myself, isn't it all arbitrary anyway?

Here's the deal: I have resolutions I'd like to have, resolutions that have to do with writing and a new blog design, and decorating my house and tiling my bathroom, and painting and praying and reading my scriptures and reading other things, and for finishing up potty training and making wholesome delicious meals that I have planned in advance!

And thinking of all of those makes me tired. Or maybe that was because the baby slept with me in my bed. Or maybe what it says is that my resolutions need to be about getting to bed on time, eating right, and exercising.

In any case, it's time to feed the baby and maybe throw in a load of laundry. I might take the tree down today, but I might not. And if today isn't a good enough bang to the beginning of the year, well, there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment