Monday, January 22, 2007

woohoo!

It's tax time, again, people. Tax time! I picked up Turbo Tax from Costco on Saturday, and I'm ready to start. I'm not kidding. I love to do our taxes. Okay, there have been years when it backfired on me, and no refund was in the works. But usually I get a real kick out of watching the little dollar amount in the upper (right/left, whatever they decide) corner inch up and up. Even if just by a few dollars. Several years ago, due to some cars on the brink, and some nice charitable donation tax laws, we were returned enough moolah to finance a trip back to France. This year, due to our status as student family, is a big mystery. I doubt we owe. I'm not sure if we'll get anything back. But I tell you what. I'm pretty dang excited to find out. Yes, it's an odd thing about me. But Ben appreciates it.

5 comments:

  1. We're still awaiting a few 1099s. But I don't mind it either. It never takes as long as I think and I get to mark it off my list for a whole year.

    I like working on Girls Camp for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. And this year we added another one to the crew so we can't wait to see what we get back, if any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've been avoiding it terribly. We're sure to owe plenty and I prefer the "ignorace is bliss" tactic to "let's get it done and cross it off the list" attack.

    But I used to have it in the mail January 2nd back in the good ol days of Earned Income Credit. It's the perfect good news/bad news situation. The bad news: you make squat. The good news: you get money from the government. Ah, America!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure wish you would get that excited and do my taxes...I wonder if I can get Dad to do them again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like doing taxes too!

    ReplyDelete