Monday, January 15, 2007

more tales of Rabbit

On the way to church yesterday my daughter asked if I wanted to hear a story. Of course, I said. She proceeded: This story was about Rabbit, and Rabbit's sister; both of whom have had extensive stories told about them.

One day there was a bad guy coming to Rabbit's house. The only people home, because they weren't on vacation, were Rabbit, rabbit's mom and rabbit's sister. Rabbit's dad was at work. Anyway, this bad guy went around Rabbit's house breaking all of the windows! In the living room, in the kitchen, in the bedrooms... And nobody knew it was a bad guy who was doing it!

My daughter paused and I waited, curious to find out what fate awaited the Rabbit family. What would the bad guy do next? Would he capture the helpless rabbits? Would he take them away, or at the very least, steal their carrots?

But the storyteller continued in a more practical vein as I asked, "So what happened?"
She answered, "They had to buy new windows."

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious. I love the innocence of children.

    ReplyDelete