Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I thought I had about 10 more years

My sweet four year-old has just informed me that she hates me. "I hate you, Mom!" I got it twice for suggesting that a) calling your sister a "bad girl" for not doing what you like and b) throwing chess pieces at your mom and baby brother may be grounds for no Trick-or-Treating. I laughed at her the first time. And sent her upstairs the second time.

So now I go up to discuss with my dear what exactly she is saying when she says those things, and to prompty forgive her and send her on her way for a Halloween candy extravaganza.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time I hated my mom. I wasn't actually brave enough to say it to her face until I was 8 though. I told her that on Christmas Eve. I was totally freaked out that Santa wouldn't bring me any presents.

    ReplyDelete