Wednesday, October 4, 2006

pretty scary

I realized tonight that I am no longer disgusted when I see Christmas decorations up in the stores before Halloween. I just accept it as how things are. It really used to tick me off when tinsel and little blinking lights graced store aisles before Thanksgiving. When the holiday promotions started inching back through the month of November, I was indignant! Alas, they have subdued my fury by their persistance, those rotten, scheming marketers. Now I point out the huge blow-up snowman at Costco to my kids in September without blinking an eye. What have I become?

6 comments:

  1. If you can't fight it, enjoy it, right? My kids can't get enough of that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true, true. actually, being able to point out christmas decorations on any shopping trip is a surefire way to calm down a restless(or worse) child. So, maybe my real downfall was having children. hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i havent gotten used to it yet. it makes me crazy!! one holiday at a time PEOPLE! sheeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you actually bought that inflatable snowman right now, do you think it would still be in one piece when Christmas rolled around? [Answer: Of course not.] Maybe it's not a Christmas thing, after all. Maybe the inflatable snowman is an ex-pat with a hunkerin' for fall. Just a thought. Off to class now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wait until Thanksgiving is over and you start seeing hearts everywhere. Maybe they should just keep up aisles of every holiday all the time. Not that I'm cynical about it or anything. Only the Christmas decorations don't bother me.

    ReplyDelete