Wednesday, April 23, 2008

clever title about the nutcracker ballet

(My brain is a tad bit slow, can you tell by the quality of titles I have produced lately? Oh well, what can I say? I am tired. So there. And now, on to our featured program).

We're watching our DVD of the New York City Ballet Company's Nutcracker. I admit, it's a little out of season, but apparently there is snow in the forecast this week in some areas of Utah so, why not? I like the version for the most part, except for Macaulay Culkin as the Nutcracker Prince. Yeah.


He is (or was, I guess) a cute kid. But I like my Nutcracker Prince to be a tad older with some dancing capacity. I plan to purchase another Nutcracker version, may be next year, for some variety. But I digress. Though perhaps pooh-poohed by the elite at times, I have always enjoyed the score for the ballet; the lovely strains of dancing sweets, flowers and the like.

Now the children gather around the Christmas Tree. Heir Drosselmeyer distributes some gifts. "There is a soundtrack to this you know," my one daughter says the other. "And we have it."

No comments:

Post a Comment